IBF World Bantamweight Champion Lee Haskins has been forced to withdraw from his upcoming world title defence in Kyoto, Japan on 31st December against Shohei Omori due to a leg injury sustained in training.
Initial medical reports have stated that Haskins should be able to resume full training in early January 2017
Lee Haskins expresses his disappointment about having to withdraw:
"I am gutted to have to pull out of this fight, I was looking forward to the challenge of boxing in Japan and closing out 2016 with three title defences. I will rest up over Christmas and hopefully will be able to get back to training in the New Year. We will wait to see if the fight can be re-arranged otherwise I know there are some big fights out there in 2017."
Past Pro Boxers
Sanigar Events News
- Brace Makes British Boxing History
- Brace Takes Aim at European Title
- Class of 2018 - Professional Boxing
- Christmas Opening Hours
- Lee Haskins Returns on december 15th
- Selby Defends World Title - December 9th 02 Arena
- European Championship Fightcard Live on S4C
- European Title Chance for Brace
- Christmas Cracker - 1st December
- Land of Dragons - Championship Boxing Saturday October 14th View All