IBF World Bantamweight Champion Lee Haskins has been forced to withdraw from his upcoming world title defence in Kyoto, Japan on 31st December against Shohei Omori due to a leg injury sustained in training.
Initial medical reports have stated that Haskins should be able to resume full training in early January 2017
Lee Haskins expresses his disappointment about having to withdraw:
"I am gutted to have to pull out of this fight, I was looking forward to the challenge of boxing in Japan and closing out 2016 with three title defences. I will rest up over Christmas and hopefully will be able to get back to training in the New Year. We will wait to see if the fight can be re-arranged otherwise I know there are some big fights out there in 2017."
Past Pro Boxers
Sanigar Events News
- ANDREW SELBY FACES CRISTOFER ROSALES IN MASSIVE WBC WORLD TITLE ELIMINATOR
- Turley Claims Commonwealth Title Achieving Life Long Dream
- Turley vs Jenkinson - Vacant Commonwealth Title Clash
- Crunch Time - Results
- Acid Test - April 7th Newport Centre
- Kennedy vs Simmons - British Title March 11th
- Selby vs Gago - March 4th 02 Arena London
- Andrew Selby Wins WBC International Title
- Andrew Selby faces Ardin Diale for WBC International Title
- Great Expectations - Friday March 10th View All