Nigel began boxing at the age of 15 at the Dockland Settlement Amateur Boxing Club, Plymouth. Nigel joined the army in 1960 and fought in the Army Championships reaching the semi finals in 1961 and the finals the following year. In 1963 Nigel went on to become a Physical Training Officer (PTI). Nigel completed the thirteen week Advance Boxing Coaching Course in 1967 obtaining an “A” grade. Nigel went on to become Junior Army Coach winning the CSBA Championships three years running.
Nigel left the army in 1972 and took over the Virginia House Amateur Boxing Club, Plymouth. In 1980 Nigel switched to the pro ranks as a trainer, manager and promoter. Over the past twenty five years Nigel has trained, managed and promoted a large boxing stable based from Plymouth including Scott Dann. Nigel’s wife Eva Christian was the first ever licensed Female Boxing Promoter.
At present Nigel works alongside Glynn Mitchell in training and managing the boxers out of the Cosmo Gym, Plymouth.
Past Pro Boxers
Sanigar Events News
- Battle in the Bay Torquay
- Lee Selby beats Omar Douglas
- Wheeler Takes On Mexican Martinez Saturday 20th October
- Haskins World Title Eliminator in Manilla
- Speight vs Wheeler - Southern Area Championship
- Brace Makes British Boxing History
- Brace Takes Aim at European Title
- Class of 2018 - Professional Boxing
- Christmas Opening Hours
- Lee Haskins Returns on december 15th View All