Andrew Selby has won the IBF Inter-Continental flyweight title courtesy of a seventh-round stoppage of Jake Bornea at Wembley Arena on the undercard of George Groves vs Eduard Gutnekct this Friday evening.
The Welshman became the first man to stop Bornea, claiming the vacant belt via a TKO which extended his unbeaten record to seven fights since turning professional.
Selby, who is the younger brother of IBF featherweight champion Lee, has been tipped to challenge for world titles later in his career.
The 27-year-old overcame his Philippine opponent with his speed and footwork before the bout was eventually stopped.
In the build up to the main event the fight of the night came when unbeaten Sanigar Events prospect Tamuka Mucha defeated Belfast's Paddy Gallagher via majority decision in the fight of the night. Gallagher threw the meaningful punches early on but Mucha covered up and used his skill to outbox the Northern Irishman in the middle rounds. The contest came down to the last two rounds and many at ringside had it even going into the twelfth round which Mucha managed to steal, using angkles to unload punches in bunches and bamboozle his man.
Elsewhere in Weston Super Mare Liam Hunt, Henry Smith and debutant Pawel August made it 5 wins from 5 for the Sanigar Events Stable.
Past Pro Boxers
Sanigar Events News
- Brace Makes British Boxing History
- Brace Takes Aim at European Title
- Class of 2018 - Professional Boxing
- Christmas Opening Hours
- Lee Haskins Returns on december 15th
- Selby Defends World Title - December 9th 02 Arena
- European Championship Fightcard Live on S4C
- European Title Chance for Brace
- Christmas Cracker - 1st December
- Land of Dragons - Championship Boxing Saturday October 14th View All