Andrew Selby has won the IBF Inter-Continental flyweight title courtesy of a seventh-round stoppage of Jake Bornea at Wembley Arena on the undercard of George Groves vs Eduard Gutnekct this Friday evening.
The Welshman became the first man to stop Bornea, claiming the vacant belt via a TKO which extended his unbeaten record to seven fights since turning professional.
Selby, who is the younger brother of IBF featherweight champion Lee, has been tipped to challenge for world titles later in his career.
The 27-year-old overcame his Philippine opponent with his speed and footwork before the bout was eventually stopped.
In the build up to the main event the fight of the night came when unbeaten Sanigar Events prospect Tamuka Mucha defeated Belfast's Paddy Gallagher via majority decision in the fight of the night. Gallagher threw the meaningful punches early on but Mucha covered up and used his skill to outbox the Northern Irishman in the middle rounds. The contest came down to the last two rounds and many at ringside had it even going into the twelfth round which Mucha managed to steal, using angkles to unload punches in bunches and bamboozle his man.
Elsewhere in Weston Super Mare Liam Hunt, Henry Smith and debutant Pawel August made it 5 wins from 5 for the Sanigar Events Stable.
Past Pro Boxers
Sanigar Events News
- Crunch Time - Championship Boxing
- Acid Test - April 7th Newport Centre
- Kennedy vs Simmons - British Title March 11th
- Selby vs Gago - March 4th 02 Arena London
- Andrew Selby Wins WBC International Title
- Andrew Selby faces Ardin Diale for WBC International Title
- Great Expectations - Friday March 10th
- Lee Selby Defends World Title in Las Vegas
- Haskins withdraws from World Title Defence
- Welsh Trio Shine In London View All