Bristol Boxing Gym was formed in 1989 when Chris Sanigar was granted a professional boxing manager/trainer license. Chris had developed a strong reputation as an all action boxer during his career representing England as an amateur and 31 pro fights.
In the past 25 years Bristol Boxing Gym and Sanigar Events have become the pioneer for professional boxing in the South West of England. Bristol Boxing Gym originally based in St Pauls moved into a brand new facility in Easton, Bristol in January 2015 with a £500,000 redevelopment providing some of the best boxing facilities in the UK. The gym is also the home of the historic Empire Amateur Boxing Club who have produce top talent such as World Champions Adrian Stone Glenn Catley, Lee Haskins and Lee Selby.
Through the training and management of Chris the gym has produced the following major Champions:
- Ross Hale - British & Commonwealth Champion 1994
- Dean Francis - British & European Super Middleweight Champion 1997
- Glenn Catley - British Middleweight Champion 1998, WBC World Super Middleweight Champion 2000
- Adrian Stone - IBO World Light Middleweight Champion 2000
- Scott Dann - British & Commonwealth Middleweight Champion 2004-06
- Lee Haskins - Commonwealth Flyweight Champion 2006, British Super Flyweight Champion 2008, Commonwealth Super Flyweight Champion 2009, European Bantamweight Champion 2012, World Champion 2016
- Jamie Arthur - Commonwealth Super Bantamweight Champion 2010
- Darren Hamiltion - British Light Welterweight Champion 2012
- Lee Selby - British and Commonwealth Champion 2011, European Champion 2013, World Champion 2016
Sanigar Events has been promoting events across the UK for the past 25 years involved with promoting the majority of boxing names including Prince Naseem Hamed, Frank Bruno, Joe Calzaghe, Ricky Hatton to name a few.
In 2007 we formed Community Sports Projects coaching children in the local community, schools and community centres throughout Bristol. In 2013 we registered as a charity Empire Fighting Chance that now works with around 350 young people a week in deprived communities across Bristol and South Wales from our base in Easton, Bristol. Empire Fighting Chance delivers non-contact boxing with education along with a wide range of support services like counselling, mentoring and employability support.